Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 13:22:36 +0100

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 12:50 PM Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2020-05-09, at 11:48, João Távora <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Finally, above practical aspects, assigning copyright is declaring
> > support for an idea larger than the FSF itself.  It's a political
> > declaration.
> Could someone officially confirm or deny the above paragraph?

I, the author of this paragraph, hereby officially confirm I hold
that opinion. Send paper and postage my way and I'll stamp a
paper with the official confirmation for framing and posterity.

> I am quite supportive of the idea of free software,

That is a political stance, a way to opine on what the organization
of the polis should be. In fact, it is quite the same idea the I support.
Again, in my offically official opinion.

João