Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 23:30:13 +0300

>   (Frustratingly, org-mode uses what I think of as the "old" convention
>   to use RET as "plain newline" and C-j as "smart newline with indent".)

There are many things that are frustrating in org-mode.
Many Emacs features are disabled in org-mode, and
standard keys are redefined to behave in own way.

What is worse, often org-mode takes freedom from users for no reason.
I mean such artificial restrictions as for example preventing users
from customizing positions of Org popup windows:

  (defmacro org-no-popups (&rest body)
    "Suppress popup windows and evaluate BODY."
    `(let (pop-up-frames display-buffer-alist)
       ,@body))

that ignores user customization in display-buffer-alist.