Re: [Duplicity-talk] What files are needed for listing and restoring ?

From: T. Prost
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] What files are needed for listing and restoring ?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:11:16 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 19.02.2012, 14:07 +0100 schrieb address@hidden:

> i never heard of occurrences where cleanup deleted needed files so far.

.. as I said: I´m well-nigh certain, that deja-dup deleted needed files.
That´s why I came to duplicity ...

> > Main action: collection-status
> > ================================================================================
> > duplicity 0.6.13 (April 02, 2011)
> > Args: /usr/bin/duplicity collection-status -v9
> > file:///home/thomas/Vorlagen/X1/X1
>
> do you really backup to 'file:///home/thomas/Vorlagen/X1/X1' ?
> sounds more like a backup source to me.
Not to create babel: I would call it my actual restore source.

In Vorlagen/X1/X1 there is that one file
duplicity-full.20120131T133515Z.vol45.difftar.gz
I chose that to see the collection-status with -v9 just to show you that
this is the only file reported to be "not part of a known set" (complete
output in the post of 18th February). The other 257 are reported "part
of known set".

The whole backup set consisting of consecutively numbered
duplicity-full.20120131T133515Z.vol1.difftar.gz to
duplicity-full.20120131T133515Z.vol258.difftar.gz is in Vorlagen/X1 NOW.
(collection-status of this directory is in the post of 17th February)

BUT these actual paths have nothing more to do with the configuration at
backup time. Is that the problem ?

> could explain your setup a little more? backup source and target, encryption,
> used software versions and operating system?
Original backup source was a FAT32 IDE drive, target was a FAT32 USB
drive, both mounted into Natty (kernel 2.6.38-13-generic (#55-Ubuntu)
Hitherto experiments were made with
deja-dup 18.1.1-0ubuntu1.1
and after some displeasure with it I´m now producing my disappointments
with
duplicity 0.6.13-0ubuntu1.1
--
Best,