[Duplicity-talk] including paths on a different filesystem?

Subject: [Duplicity-talk] including paths on a different filesystem?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 23:02:10 -0500

Good evening,

I have a few volumes mounted under /mnt, and I'm trying to include them in a
backup that starts from /. I am getting an error back from duplicity saying
that the file specification does not match any files in the base directory.

My basic backup recipe is as follows:

cat << EOF > ${INCFILE}
/etc
/root
/home
/usr/local/scripts
+/mnt/somevol/somedir
-/mnt/somevol/somedir/Logs
-/mnt/somevol/somedir/temp
/var/lib
/var/www
EOF

duplicity --full-if-older-than ${FULL_BACKUP_INTERVAL} --archive-dir
${ARCHIVEDIR}/main --volsize 630 --encrypt-key ${BACKUPKEY} --encrypt-key
${PERSONALKEY} --include-globbing-filelist ${INCFILE} --exclude '**' /
s3+http://${S3_BUCKET}/main

The error is specifically about +/mnt/somevol/somedir:

Fatal Error: The file specification
    +/mnt/somevol/somedir
cannot match any files in the base directory
    /
Useful file specifications begin with the base directory or some
pattern (such as '**') which matches the base directory.

I *think* this is happening because /mnt/somevol is not on the same filesystem
as /, but I don't see a way to say this is ok.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is there something in the documentation that I
have missed in the several times I've gone over it?

This is with duplicity 0.6.08b from the Ubuntu 10.04 repositories.

Thanks,
Andrew