Re: [Duplicity-talk] What files are needed for listing and restoring ?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] What files are needed for listing and restoring ?
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:00:36 +0100

On 17.02.2012 15:31, T. Prost wrote:
>>> Wasn´t there the further question what to do if those two files aren´t
>>> there ? I searched the folder with the difftar.gz files but couldn´t
>>
>> yes, and the answer was to restore blindly - meaning although you can't
>> list the contents in a fast fashion anymore, because the mentioned
>> files are missing, you can still restore your backup. even selected
>> paths/files from it.
>
> I would have loved an answer like this, but the archived texts I found
> stopped with: "You have to guess on ..." - but I haven´t got enough
> information for an educated guess yet ;-)
> Essentially I merely need to restore the complete backup :-)

duplicity restore [options] source_url target_directory

>>> find those two.
>>> Search other places ?
>>> Able to go on without those additional data ?
>>
>> yes as mentioned above
> first experiment:
> duplicity restore
> file:///home/thomas/Vorlagen/X1 /home/thomas/Vorlagen/w2k-2012
> --no-encryption
> Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
> Warning, found incomplete backup sets, probably left from aborted
> session
> Last full backup date: none
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1265, in <module>
>     with_tempdir(main)
>   File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1258, in with_tempdir
>     fn()
>   File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1212, in main
>     restore(col_stats)
>   File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 539, in restore
>     restore_get_patched_rop_iter(col_stats)):
>   File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 561, in restore_get_patched_rop_iter
>     backup_chain = col_stats.get_backup_chain_at_time(time)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/collections.py", line
> 934, in get_backup_chain_at_time
>     raise CollectionsError("No backup chains found")
> CollectionsError: No backup chains found
>
> There I´ve been lost and I´ve read a lot about that kind of error - but
> nothing seemed to meet my problem !?
> I´m certain to need help :-(

source_url is the folder or remote location where your duplicity volumes
reside. target_dir the folder where you want it restored, choose a new one.

options like --no-encryption come after the command before target and source.

try
duplicity collection-status [options] target_url
first to check if duplicity sees your backup chains.

..ede/duply.net