Re: [Duplicity-talk] What files are needed for listing and restoring ?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] What files are needed for listing and restoring ?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:07:54 +0100

On 18.02.2012 10:46, T. Prost wrote:
>> NOTE: I never ran duplicity cleanup but I´m afraid, deja-dup did that !?

cleanup by design only deletes files that are not needed. so if you have proper
chains in the backup repository these are left untouched. of course it is up to
you to check what is cleaned, that's why cleanup has a --force parameter.

i never heard of occurrences where cleanup deleted needed files so far.

> Main action: collection-status
> duplicity 0.6.13 (April 02, 2011)
> Args: /usr/bin/duplicity collection-status -v9
> file:///home/thomas/Vorlagen/X1/X1

do you really backup to 'file:///home/thomas/Vorlagen/X1/X1' ?
sounds more like a backup source to me.

could explain your setup a little more? backup source and target, encryption,
used software versions and operating system?

..ede/duply.net