Re: GNUstep on Hackernews

From: Liam Proven
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Hackernews
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:30:38 +0100

On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 at 00:07, Gregory Casamento
<greg.casamento@gmail.com> wrote:

> Excellent article, but I have to say that saying  GNUstep as an
> implementation of NeXTSTEP is half our issue.   It would be better to say it
> is an implementation of Cocoa.

Thank you!

It was only a brief mention and the piece was getting over-long
anyway. I feel that the term Cocoa is not well-enough known, nor would
something like "Yellow Box" or something be either. I had just talked
about how macOS bundles apps into special folders, how it had
inherited this from its ancestor NeXTstep, so I thought it was fair to
continue that line by saying that there's a FOSS re-implementation of
that stuff.

Is the .app folder bundle format part of Cocoa, the API, anyway?

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven@cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven@gmail.com