Re: GNUstep on Hackernews

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Hackernews
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 20:54:32 +0000

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 9:34 AM Andreas Fink <afink@list.fink.org> wrote:

> packages in Debian are quite old

Inaccurate.

At release times, I usually try to coordinate with Debian packagers.
This time, it took a bit longer, but uploads happened in November and
December. See links below.

Thank you, Yavor and Gurkan.

> and don't support objc2.0.

The issue here is Debian preferring to build things with GCC over Clang.

If we can convince the (very kind in their efforts) maintainers of the
packaging to try to package with Clang and libobjc2, we'd be golden.

> Btw who is the Debian maintainer for the gnustep builds?

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/meta-gnustep
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gnustep-base
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gnustep-gui
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gnustep-back

and other pages.

Reach them via the mailing list. I believe Yavor and Gurkan are
subscribed to (some of) GNUstep mailing lists.