Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 10:38:14 +0000

On Sat, 2016-11-19 at 23:01 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> I've attached what I'd like to do, it 'seems' like such an easy thing...
>
> The example is in measure 73 of the attached PDF.

Well there are a number of unusual constructs in bar 73, I've done some
of it in the attached sample:
      * I turned on "Typeset Barlines Literally" as second-guessing
        where automatic barlines will come can become tedious. The
        downside is you have to manually beam the music.
      * I used the ordinary start/end repeat bars, but the ones with
        flags on are also available with a slightly different \bar
        "xxxx" LilyPond syntax (see LilyPond manual).
      * I used the RepeatMeasure command, but had to tweak the height of
        the % sign in LilyPond, I don't know why - could do with a bug
        report...

I didn't tackle the strange 5-naturals key signature, that would
normally be a change from (say) 5-flats, but not here - you could try
the LilyPond manual, or the LilyPond snippet repository or the
address@hidden mailing list to find out how to do this.

Bottom line is that this sort of music notation requires plenty of
direct work with LilyPond syntax (or use of a drawing program on the
output).

Richard