Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 09:07:31 +0000

On Thu, 2016-11-17 at 12:45 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> On Thursday, November 17, 2016 9:25:33 AM PST Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 14:20 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> > > Another question is that I'd like to make the metronome marking
> span
> > > number of beats, in this case 48-52. What is the best way to create
> > > this in
> > > Denemo? or should I edit it in the lilypond editor?
> >
> > I'm not sure what this would look like - if you can create the LilyPond
> > syntax you need, then it is usually easy to get Denemo to generate it.
> >

> in this case, what I'm looking to create is "(quarter note)=48-52"

You need to study the markup commands available

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/text-markup-commands

and in this case:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/music

In particular the \note-by-number markup command

\note-by-number #2 #0 #UP

is your (quarter-note). Note you *must* have a space after #UP else it
will not typeset!

\note-by-number #2 #0 #UP = 120 bpm

is an example - place this in the Multi-line text and music editor and
you get a metronome mark as markup.

Richard