[be] Cursor jumping when typing

From: John Brownie
Subject: [be] Cursor jumping when typing
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:14:26 +1000

I'm new to both BE and Linux, running in a virtual machine on my Mac (BE 4.0, Ubuntu 9.10, Mac OS X 10.6.3). I've been having repeated instances of a problem when typing text in the BE window. I'll be typing along, and suddenly the cursor will jump to somewhere else in the chapter, perhaps selecting a chunk which then gets deleted. Repeated undo works, but it's something that shouldn't be happening!

At first I thought that it might be an issue with the trackpad picking up a click accidentally, or a USB issue with Mac OS X 10.6.x. Today I made sure that the mouse pointer was not in the text area at all, and I still had the issue happen a few times.

Is this a known issue, or something strange with my set-up? Can I do anything to avoid the problem? I'd prefer not to have to go to unformatted USFM codes, as they are rather distracting for the translators when they are looking at what we have on the screen.

Thanks for any help!
John
--
John Brownie, address@hidden or address@hidden
Summer Institute of Linguistics      | Mussau-Emira language, Mussau Is.