Re: [be] Cursor jumping when typing

From: David Gardner
Subject: Re: [be] Cursor jumping when typing
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 19:32:32 +0300

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 01:44:59PM +0200, Teus Benschop wrote:
> This bug also occurs in our translation teams. The version in the git
> repository has not resolved this bug. If somebody would supply a patch
> that would resolve it, I would gladly apply it. I have looked into this
> matter for some time, but could not consistently repeat the problem to
> be able to pin it down to something. What appears to happen in our teams
> is when one types fast enough, this bug would surface. When typing
> slower, it does not show up. Teus.

I don't know if this is related or not - it also seems linked to
verse number highlighting - but I've noticed the following
behaviour (git repo version, but also 4.0 main release, I think):
When hitting the keyboard down arrow, repeatedly then sometimes (notably at
a section title), the cursor goes down temporarily and then leaps back up
to the start of the verse. It can sometimes get in a loop like this:
Key: {position} [action]

{v27 marker}
[DownArrow key]
{middle of title} {v27 marker}
[DownArrow key]
{middle of title} {v27 marker}
[DownArrow key]
{middle of title} {v27 marker}
[DownArrow key]
{middle of title} {v27 marker}

etc.
To escape from this, I need to press the DownArrow again before the
backwards-leap happens.

David