Re: [be] Cursor jumping when typing

From: David Gardner
Subject: Re: [be] Cursor jumping when typing
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:08:11 +0300

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 04:14:26PM +1000, John Brownie wrote:
> Is this a known issue, or something strange with my set-up? Can I do
> anything to avoid the problem? I'd prefer not to have to go to
> unformatted USFM codes, as they are rather distracting for the
> translators when they are looking at what we have on the screen.
>
> Thanks for any help!
> John

Dear John,
 Yes, I'm afraid it is a known issue. It seems (to me) to be somewhat
random but only happens in formatted view.  Hitting delete/backspace
seems to be the worst trigger, but it is much much rarer if you highlight
some wrong text and type over it.

It is in every copy of BE that we have here (32bit and 64bit), but I think
it only arrived with 4.0. Since there were bigger problems with the
previous binary-distributed version (I think it was 3.7, which you still
can get from https://launchpad.net/~jmarsden/+archive/ppa),
I expect most people are sticking to usfm view for data entry right now.

The previous version once worked fine, but then (I think after a gtk
library update) it sometimes got itself into a situation where it just
would not run at all, or crashed seemingly randomly.

Maybe Teus could comment if the version in the git repository has solved
this bug?

David