Re: [be] Cursor jumping when typing

From: John Brownie
Subject: Re: [be] Cursor jumping when typing
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 07:51:25 +1000

On Fri May 21 2010 19:08:11 GMT+1000 (PGT) David Gardner wrote:

  Yes, I'm afraid it is a known issue. It seems (to me) to be somewhat
random but only happens in formatted view.  Hitting delete/backspace
seems to be the worst trigger, but it is much much rarer if you highlight
some wrong text and type over it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been more careful with observing how I edit, and it does seem that hitting backspace and then typing quickly is a major trigger. I've disciplined myself to wait a moment after backspace, and haven't seem the problem since! Good to have some sort of solution, so that now I don't have to watch the screen when I'm entering some text from a hand-written revision.

John
--
John Brownie, address@hidden or address@hidden
Summer Institute of Linguistics      | Mussau-Emira language, Mussau Is.