[be] Export to Sword format question

From: Kim Blewett
Subject: [be] Export to Sword format question
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 21:46:07 -0400

Hi,

I have a completed Bible project of local interest, in USFM. It contains a lot of implied information marked by /add .../add*, which is in the USFM standard marker set, I believe, and in BE's standard template.

I would like to convert this project to Sword format to display in BibleTime. Using BE's CrossWire SWORD export feature the \add material does not get tagged (markers are ignored). I  want to set this text off with grey+italic font characteristics.

>From the OSIS manual at http://www.bibletechnologies.net/20Manual.dsp#body.1_div.11, it looks as if there is a standard way to encode this type of text:

13.15. transChange

This element should be used to mark text that was changed in a notable way in translation. For example, the KJV traditionally distinguishes all words inserted in translation (often via italics); the Aplified Bible has several punctuation conventions for marking explanatory or other expansions; and some translations indicate where the tense of verbs has been changed, perhaps due to sequence-of-tense requirements in the target language. Several sub-types are provided, as listed below; others may be coined if needed, so long as their names begin "x-".

  • added
  • amplified
  • changed
  • deleted
  • moved
  • tenseChange
I think the only sub-type we need is "added." Is there an easy way to get this element into the BE Sword export? If so, I would really like it to be grey color and italic if possible.

Any help or advice would be appreciated (copyright is not an issue at this time with this text.)

Thanks in advance
Kim Blewett