Re: [aspell-devel] [aspell #336454] Aspell Malayalam

From: Mahesh T. Pai
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] [aspell #336454] Aspell Malayalam
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:41:27 +0530

Gora Mohanty said on Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 03:01:32PM +0530,:

 > Even with remapping ZWJ/ZWNJ to which ever characters, I still get
 > an error when trying to make the dictionary. There are messages about:
 > "... The character '‍' (U+200D) may not appear in the middle of a
 > word. Skipping word."
 > and similarly for U+200C. It seems like these might be hard-coded. Am
 > checking further.

This  is how the  Unicode standard  expects implementations  to behave
when it comes to zw[n]j.

Since the chillus are on the way  to be encoded, why dont we wait till
the proper standards come out?

And it  is precisely  due to  the zw[n]j problem  that I  have stopped
working on Malayalam l10n. In fact,  I had got an elementary word list
to complie,  but I conciously omitted  all words with  zw[n]j from the
list, and it worked.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
It's not the software that's free; it's you.