Re: [aspell-devel] [aspell #336454] Aspell Malayalam

From: Gora Mohanty
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] [aspell #336454] Aspell Malayalam
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:37:48 +0530

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 15:02 +0530, Santhosh Thottingal wrote:
> Forwarding to this mailing list.
> As Gora said it is strange to make users knows about ZWJ and ZWNJ, but
> there is no other way to solve the specific problem of chillaksharas.
> We are trying to minimize this problem by using transliteration based
> keyboards. Inscript Keyboard layout users must know about these
> codepoints as of now.

As an aside, for constructing keymaps, can you give us some examples
of how chillaksharas are typed. It might be possible to absorb details
of these even into the Inscript keymaps.

>  There is a discussion going on this in unicode
> mailing list , whether we need to assign unicode points for
> chillaksharams or not.

I would have thought that this would be the ideal solution.

> Anyway, can somebody suggest a solution for the aspell-malayalam
> problem mentioned in the below mail?

Kevin is in the US, and should reply to this sometime soon. In the
meantime, I will try building the Malayalam aspell dictionary from
the source files that you had sent me.

Regards,
Gora