Re: [aspell-devel] [aspell #336454] Aspell Malayalam

From: Praveen A
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] [aspell #336454] Aspell Malayalam
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:12:21 +0530

2007/7/10, Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden>:
There is no need.  You can use some of the lower characters for these code
points.  You may use the control characters 01-0F and 11-1F are even the
latin letters.  In particular the following characters may be remapped.

   01-0F (  1- 15) # Control characters
   11-1F ( 17- 31) # Control characters
   41-5A ( 65- 90) # Uppercase Latin alphabet
   61-7A ( 97-122) # Lowercase Latin alphabet
   80-FF (128-255)

If I understood it correctly, these characters are also allowed in
Malayalam. So my question is why can't we allow unicode special
characters (zwj,zwnj,zws) also in Malayalam, in the same way these
control characters and latin characters are allowed? In that case
there won't be any need for remapping also.

Regards
Praveen

--
പ്രവീണ് അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്