advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Separate website?

From: Alexandro Colorado
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Separate website?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 14:54:31 -0500

+1
Great Idea.

On Sun, 27 May 2007 14:16:50 -0500, Pandu E Poluan <address@hidden> wrote:

It's better. Although I prefer replacing the sentence:

"Ogg Vorbis is a professional-grade media format."

"Ogg Vorbis is a professional-grade media format created by Xiph."

and have the word Xiph linked to Xiph.org's website. Or better, the
Vorbis.com website.

{p}

address@hidden wrote:
> I agree.
>
> Plus, some of us Hydrogenaudio.org members feel that the current page
does
> not give credit enough to Xiph.org. Merely saying "technical details -
> visit
> Xiph.org" (or something to that effect)

It looks like this is fixed.  It now says "authors of Ogg".  It's still
at the bottom but I think that's okay.  The page is just trying to get
the point across; modern consumers have a short attention span.

Also, Xiph does seem to appreciate the initiative
(http://www.wired.com/software/coolapps/news/2007/05/playogg).

Matt Flaschen