Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Cannot write CD's >= 100 minutes. GRRRR!

From: Jay Berkenbilt
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Cannot write CD's >= 100 minutes. GRRRR!
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:42:30 -0400

>   But there doesn't seem to be a burn program in the
>   dvd+rw-tools.
>
>   It provided me with a program to format the disks.
>   A program to modify the book type
>   and growisofs. a program to create *and* burn an iso image.
>
>   . . .

Actually, growisofs can just burn an image.  Instead of

growisofs -Z /dev/cdrom mkisofs args

use

growisofs -Z /dev/cdrom=image-file-name.iso

Note the '=' attached to /dev/cdrom.  This is actually mentioned on
the web site, though it's pretty far down.

If you forget the =, you will end up with a file system containing
your image as a file, which is almost certainly not what you want.

No kernel patches are required for this.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <address@hidden>
http://www.ql.org/q/