[Dvdrtools-users] pioneer 105, packet writing etc.

From: gabor
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] pioneer 105, packet writing etc.
Date: 29 May 2003 12:07:27 +0200

hi,

i' planning to buy a pioneer 105 dvd burner.

some questions:

1. are there any known problems with using this dvd burner in linux?

2. could anyone tell summarize me the differences between the various
dvd-burning solutions: dvdrecord, cdrecord-dvdhack, cdrecord-prodvd?

3. packet writing... i heard that it doesn't work with dvd-r (only with
dvd-rw)..is that true?
 i of course know that dvd-r is not  rewritable, but that's fine for me.
i don't want to delete things from a dvd-r. i only want to be able to
copy to it. is there a fundamental problem why it is not possible? if i
remember correctly you could packet write to cd-r in windows, but i'm
not sure.

thanks,
gabor