Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Cannot write CD's >= 100 minutes. GRRRR!

From: Jay Berkenbilt
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Cannot write CD's >= 100 minutes. GRRRR!
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:18:59 -0400

>   I can find *tons* of people having this same problem but
>   nobody has an answer posted. Hopefully somebody has
>   found a solution since the historic posts I came across...
>
>   Sony dual-format DRU500A (OEM burner)
>   I'm trying to burn to brand new DVD+RW media.
>
>   . . .

dvdrecord doesn't work with DVD+RW (or +R) media and doesn't work with
the Sony DRU500A drive.  However, dvd+rw-tools, in spite of its name,
works well on the Sony with all four types of supported media.  It's
the only DVD burning software you need for this drive.  You can find
more information at this link:

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

Some versions of cdrecord-ProDVD work with the Sony drive, but it is
non-free and only supports DVD-R/-RW media, not +R/+RW.  As far as I
know, dvd+rw-tools is Linux-only and cdrecord-ProDVD is multiplatform,
but if you are using Linux, there's no real reason to even look at
cdrecord-ProDVD for the Sony drive.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <address@hidden>
http://www.ql.org/q/