Re: [DotGNU]Testing of ILASM:

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Testing of ILASM:
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 20:05:08 +0530

If memory serves me right, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> I use it to compile Java code that calls .NET framework method. When
> IKVM.NET loads a class from mscorlib.jar it notices that it is just a stub
> for a .NET type and redirects all access to the .NET type.

So do you use a .NET type in there as well for each class in Java subset ?.
(otherwise stuff like the String.indexOf and substring will be incompat ?)

Yeah it looks interesting, the JVM output of CSCC is largely untested due
to the lack of System.* classes for the mscorlib needed to run the code.
(another chicken-egg problem as well..) I sort of hoped, I would be able
to use something like this for mapping a subset of C# onto JVM ...

Gopal