Re: [DotGNU]PDF DOT GNU

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PDF DOT GNU
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:20:47 -0800 (PST)

well you will have to wait untill i get the introspector
c++ to treecc finished, or someone else to produce a managed C++
compiler. To be honest, i am not very interesting in writing c# just
yet. There are too many c programs to port to the dotgnu env.

--- Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Saturday 04 January 2003 03:35 am, James Michael DuPont wrote:
>
> > It re-occured to me my idea of encoding a pdf file as an IL.
>
> Anything's possible.  If you want to play with that, then it may be
> an
> interesting excursion.

Just look at how the dialogs are stored, why dont we use glade xml
instead of storing the data (coordinates) in IL?
because it is faster to iterate over an array of fields by the vm
interpreting the code than by me interpreting the xml inside of the
interpreter.
by precompiling the pdf into il, we can display immediatly.
We can optimized the rotations of polygons. it could speed up alot.
most of the rotations are constant. Imagine.

thanks for the encouragement.
mike

=====
James Michael DuPont