RE: [DotGNU]Testing of ILASM:

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]Testing of ILASM:
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:09:35 +0100

Gopal V wrote:
> > http://ikvm.net/ -- Java VM for .NET
>
> I have had a good look at the ikvm project (for reasons of testing our
> C# -> JVM compiler) .... I was surprised to see an mscorlib.jar there,
> could you explain how that thing works ? (or how it was obtained ?).

It is created with netexp.exe (part of IKVM.NET) and it contains no code,
just the metadata (the subset which is compatible with Java).

I use it to compile Java code that calls .NET framework method. When
IKVM.NET loads a class from mscorlib.jar it notices that it is just a stub
for a .NET type and redirects all access to the .NET type.

Regards,
Jeroen