debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Debian Testing 2.5-15: Mailman, exim and cron

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Debian Testing 2.5-15: Mailman, exim and cron
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:45:04 +0100

Jean-Francois Leveque (2001-12-18 16:38:24 +0100) :

> The SOURCEFORGE BLOCK is in the exim.conf, I then suppose that
> install-exim.sh went correctly.
>
> When I do /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh list,
> I see the mailing list entry (it begins with "version: 2"
> and ends with
> "
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 28
> # numEntries: 27
> "
> and I hope this is all OK.

> in domain "lists.<server name>"' from exim when I try to send
> mail to <list>@lists.<server name> .
>
> What do I have to do to track this bug further ?

Um.  I think I may see what causes this problem.  Basically, the exim
config file uses the following query:

,----
| query = "ldap:///cn=$local_part,ou=mailingList,dc=[...]?listPostaddress";
`----

  Whereas the data in the LDAP directory looks like this:

,----
| dn: cn=test-list,ou=mailingList,dc=[...]
| objectClass: debSfMailingList
| objectClass: top
| cn: test-list
| debSfListPostAddress: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post test-list"
| debSfListOwnerAddress: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test-list"
| debSfListRequestAddress: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test-list"
`----

  The listPostAddress attribute does not exist, and yet this is the
one Exim tries to access.  You should have the same problem for the
users' forwarding address.  I'll try and fix it soon, and upload a
fixed version ASAP, but in the meantime you could try rewriting the
query in the exim.conf file to use the appropriate LDAP attribute.

  This is probably due to oversight when we changed the LDAP schema we
use, I seemingly forgot to update everything with the new attribute
names.

  Unfortunately I have to leave for an extended weekend in a few
minutes, so I won't be able to upload a fixed package right now.  You
might want to submit a bug report, so that other people can see the
problem exists and is acknowledged.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Sauvez les castors, imprimez en recto-verso.