debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Debian Testing 2.5-15: Mailman, exim and cron

From: Jean-Francois Leveque
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Debian Testing 2.5-15: Mailman, exim and cron
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:38:24 +0100

The SOURCEFORGE BLOCK is in the exim.conf, I then suppose that
install-exim.sh went correctly.

When I do /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh list,
I see the mailing list entry (it begins with "version: 2"
and ends with
"
# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 28
# numEntries: 27
"
and I hope this is all OK.

in domain "lists.<server name>"' from exim when I try to send
mail to <list>@lists.<server name> .

What do I have to do to track this bug further ?

Christian BAYLE wrote:

> I think Roland will answer you better than me
> What I know is that things are done using exim connection to ldap
> It's in exim config done by /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-exim.sh
> You can try purge/configure if something was wrong
>
> The filling of ldap is done by
> /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/sql2ldif.pl
> called by
> /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh update
> called by
> /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/update-user-group-cvs.sh
> in an hourly cron :-)
>
> You can check LDAP content with
> /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh list
>
> Hope this help you in your bug tracking
>
> Christian
>
> Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:
> >
> > I've got a list referenced in the database with status 1.
> > It's correct on the mailman side but exim rejects mail
> > directed to the list.
> >
> > Maybe the "Mailing-list creation" part of the sourceforge
> > cron does not work.
> >
> > What do I have to check ?
> >
> --
> Christian Bayle
> E-mail: address@hidden, address@hidden
> P-mail: 28, Chemin du Vieux Chene BP 98 38243 MEYLAN CEDEX
> Telephone/Phone : (33) 4 76 76 41 01     Piece/Room A156

* Jean-Francois Leveque            e-mail : address@hidden      *
* ARTENUM SARL, Consulting and Development in Numerical Engineering  *
* 3, Rue de Tournelles             75004 Paris 4eme, FRANCE          *
* http://www.artenum.com/          Tel/fax : +33 (0)1 46 88 09 57    *