trans-coord-devel

Re: home.shtml: Make checks whether the HTML is decently generated.

From: Kaloian Doganov
Subject: Re: home.shtml: Make checks whether the HTML is decently generated.
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:58:41 +0200

Thank you very much for your explanations.  I've completely lost those
things from my view.  Both TEMPLATE_LINGUAS and HOME_LINGUAS contain
bogus values.  I should have to remember that.

One thing I still do not understand is why you suggest to handle bogus
languages for articles:

*** 220,226 ****
--- 224,232 ----
                $(SED) --in-place "s/\(<!--#include
virtual=\".*$$$$replaceable\)\(.html\" -->\)/\1.$(2)\2/g" $(1).m4; \
        done;
        $(M4) $(1).m4 > $$@
+ ifneq (,$(findstring $(2),bg))
        $(VALIDATESKIP) $(VALIDATE-HTML) $$@
+ endif
  endef

Currently, we don't have bogus languages for articles, are we?

    The rules are not finished, and I'm not sure they are bug free, so I
    anticipate we may add such dummy test cases in the future, even after
    GNUN is deployed.

    Because it is not self-contained and some of the values in gnun.mk's
    variables are bogus, they exist only for testing purposes.

The whole purpose of those "test cases" may be defeated if we tend to
introduce special processing code to handle them.  The normal flow of
execution should not branch specially for those "test cases" since the
whole point of having test cases is to simulate real cases as closely as
possible.  When we have a dummy language defined, then we should include
a dummy data to be processed for that language.

Then we just have to keep a list of bogus files that do not contain real
data and should not be merged when we deploy GNUN.