trans-coord-devel

Re: home.shtml: Make checks whether the HTML is decently generated.

From: Kaloian Doganov
Subject: Re: home.shtml: Make checks whether the HTML is decently generated.
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:30:55 +0200

Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> writes:

    (FWIW, the usage of findstring is absolutely intentional here, in
    order to be able to validate more translations when other teams join
    for the testing phase.)

    + # To validate Catalan translations, add `ca' after `bg' and update the
    + # variable `verbatim-templates' accordingly.

This is a foolish thing to do in filenames, since one day "ca" will
match "netscape.xx.html", "es" will match "categories.xx.html",
"lessig-fsfs-intro.xx.html" and so on.

    + ifneq (,$(findstring $(1),bg))
        $(VALIDATESKIP) $(VALIDATE-HTML) $$@
    + endif

But I do not understand is why we need this conditional in the first
place?  Why we do not want to validate all targets?