trans-coord-devel

Re: home.shtml: Make checks whether the HTML is decently generated.

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: home.shtml: Make checks whether the HTML is decently generated.
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:03:03 +0200

On чт, 2008-02-07 at 17:51 +0200, Kaloian Doganov wrote:
>     No, because we check the "xx" in home.xx.shtml and article.xx.html
>     in both conditionals.
>
> I have trouble understanding this explanation.  Why `$(findstring
> netscape.es.html,ca))' would not match?

When Catalan is added, it will be $(findstring $(1),bg ca).  In both
rules, $(1) and $(2) expand to the language code, not the whole file.

Because there is no header and footer for them, even in www.

> What you mean by "test cases" here?

fr was added in TEMPLATE_LINGUAS to test the template rules.  zh-cn was
added to HOME_LINGUAS because I wanted to be sure that xx and xx-xx (a
valid language code) are treated equally.  pl was added to test the
gnusflashes.polish.include special case.  gnu was added in ALL_DIRS to
test that specific part (there is more work necessary, to check if
fun/humor works).

The rules are not finished, and I'm not sure they are bug free, so I
anticipate we may add such dummy test cases in the future, even after
GNUN is deployed.

> I still do not understand why it have to be different in the
> `trans-coord' repository.

Because it is not self-contained and some of the values in gnun.mk's
variables are bogus, they exist only for testing purposes.