trans-coord-devel

Re: home.shtml: Make checks whether the HTML is decently generated.

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: home.shtml: Make checks whether the HTML is decently generated.
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 11:38:55 +0000

On ср, 2008-02-06 at 12:27 +0200, Kaloian Doganov wrote:
> I've imagined just a plain list of filenames.

That would be tedious to maintain, and won't catch the case when a team
adds their templates in www.

> If we use wildcards, then we have to filter out

$(wildcard footer.*.html) is what I meant.  Of course we don't want to
mess with the templates that are under GNUN's control.

> If you have a clear idea how to do it, then please do it.

OK, I'll do this.

> Do you plan to install w3c-dtd-xhtml package on fp in the future?

Only the GNU sysadmins can do that, and I don't want to ask them except
it is really necessary.

> If not, then it is good to include the related DTD-files in GNUN.

No, that's over-projecting IMO (and yet another directory :/).  I
suggest to add the package to the dependencies, with an alternative
solution to have them under $HOME.  Thus people who have the package
installed system-wide will be fine, and people who don't can just copy
the files around.

To illustrate:

DTDPATH=$HOME/foo

... xmllint --path "$DTDPATH" --loaddtd --nonet --noout -