trans-coord-devel

Re: home.shtml: Make checks whether the HTML is decently generated.

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: home.shtml: Make checks whether the HTML is decently generated.
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:14:52 +0000

On вт, 2008-02-05 at 16:19 +0200, Kaloian Doganov wrote:
> Do you have any problems running it in prep/gnun?

No, only with my brain.  (I saved the script by inertia in ~/bin.)

> This could be done by addig the additional filenames to
> `files_to_sync' but not to `template_files'.  I may be useful to
> describe those filenames in a new variable, for example
> `verb(atim)_templates'.

Agreed.  Also, there's no reason to compute them, just use wildcards and
let sync copy everything that matches.

> Also we could add the additional files to gnun's repository to keep it
> self-contained.

OK.  Are you going to modify sync and commit them all or you want me to
do it?

> Another, completely different approach is to provide static dummy
> include files

I don't like this, because the purpose of the validation is to check the
"real" markup as served by the gnu.org web server.
There is no problem to copy (and commit) all {header,footer}.xx.html in
trans-coord; they don't change often.

> E.g. why not just have VALIDATE=(yes|no)?

Sure, separating them seems redundant.

> It's much better if those DTD files are installed locally.

Ack.

> Unfortunately, I didn't managed to make xmllint work completely offline

I just copied the system files to ~/share, and modified the script to
include

--path "/home/yavor/share/xml/xhtml/schema/dtd/1.0
/home/yavor/share/xml/entities/xhtml"

and then purged the package for extra safety.  I didn't try on fp, but
appears to be fine on my machine at work:

$ ./validate ../../home.bg.shtml
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd
$ echo $?
0