tlf-devel

Re: Real RST possible?

From: Csahok Zoltan
Subject: Re: Real RST possible?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 21:42:06 +0100

> > Tap Page-Dn until '1' is reached and then like an odometer the first
> > numeral rolls down to '4', the next tap rolls the first numeral down
> > to '3' and so on while leaving the second numeral at '1', then tap
> > Page-Up to set the second numeral.  That would require a few taps of
> > Page-Up until the report of 459 is reached.
> >
> Ok, That would only extend the functionality of CHANGE_RST. If changing
> only the first two numbers are enough that would be the most easy
> solution. If key auto repeat does also work for PgUp/PgDn (needs to be
> tested) you need not to much key presses to sweep over the range.

One option could be to let the user configure the preferred reports (say
599,559,339)
and PgUp/Dn would cycle through them.
This would save a bunch of keystrokes for a user not needing too precise RST.

The sequential rolling with PgUp/Dn is not too practical when it comes
to give someone 338. My feeling is that with a handful configured reports
one could effectively cover the requirement for sent RST.

For received RST direct entry would be better. But that could be done
with a wider exchange field.

73,
Zoli