tlf-devel

Re: Real RST possible?

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: Real RST possible?
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 18:26:36 -0600

* On 2020 26 Jan 15:45 -0600, jim smith wrote:
> First, I know there is the CHANGE_RST directive, but for QRP contests
> (at least in the states), many times ops send an actual RST -- 33N,
> 439, etc.  Is there any way to incorporate this in both the received
> stations data (I imagine it would be in the exchange field, like a
> serial number) and for  the sending station?
>
> It would be helpful the above mentioned QRP contests, general ragchews
> and for SOTA operations as well.

I have seen other loggers handle this so that in the case of Tlf, Space
would move the cursor from Call to the Exchange/Comment field and Tab
would cycle through all fields, i.e., Call-->RX RST-->TX
RST-->Exch-->Call, etc.

As it is now, Space jumps from Call to Exch and then Tab must be used to
in some events.  Loggers such as N1MM+ create additional field entry
boxes depending on the event and Space is not allowed in any of them so
it can be used as a "smart tab" that jumps over RST fields, if present,
and through all the other fields.

The way Tlf is structured, it would take a lot to have separate exchange
fields, but it seems as though having Tab cycle through all the fields
could be doable.  As I see it, when Tab enters an RST field it could
place the cursor under the first '9' and from there the field edited as
needed.  I'm afraid I don't have the time to code it for some months so
maybe someone else can pick up the idea if it is thought to be a good
one and add it.

73, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB