Re: Are there theorems for Agent Based Models

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Are there theorems for Agent Based Models
Date: 15 Jul 1999 16:12:03 -0600

PJ> An economist said to me the other day, "where are your theorems?
PJ> Aren't there established results that guide modeling choices?"  I
PJ> shrugged.

[...]

Paul (and others),

Christian Reidys and colleagues at the LANL TRANSIMS project, have
been apparently working on a theory that they're calling `sequential
dynamical systems', which is in some sense is an attempt at theory of
discrete event simulation.

I don't know much about it, but here are some refs (thanks to Luis
Rocha <address@hidden> at LANL for these) that might be interesting to
track down:

Barrett C.L., Mortveit H.S. and Reidys C.M.: "Elements of a theory of
simulation II: Sequential dynamical systems", Appl. Math. and and
Comput., 1998, to appear.

Barrett C.L., Thord, R, and Reidys C, "Simulations in Decision-making
for Socio-technical Systems", in Knowledge and Networks in a Dynamic
Economy, Snickars, et. al., eds, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1998.

Reidys C.M.: "Acyclic Orientations and Sequential dynamical systems",
Adv. Appl. Math., 1999, to appear.

Unfortunately some have not yet been published...You can e-mail
Christian at <address@hidden> and Chris Barrett at <address@hidden>
(the TranSIms leader).

 --- Alex

--