Current Roadmap

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Current Roadmap
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:39:49 +0200

On 10.8.2010 19:15, Andrei Kholodnyi wrote:
> Hynek, I have a proposal concerning 0.8.
>
> What about to pick up opentts as a speechd code base for the upcoming 0.8.
> just rename otts_ stuff back to spd_.

This is an interesting possibility. It would mean we have the reverse
problem of porting Speech Dispatcher modifications back to the
OpenTTS codebase. I'm not sure if that would be less or more work.

What do others think?

On the other side, Luke and some other people proposed they will
try to merge the relevant OpenTTS patches into Speech Dispatcher.
Him and Chris have already been doing that partly. I'd be interested
in their opinion. Technically, I think, the task is clear, now we must
choose the most cost-effective way.

Best regards,
Hynek Hanke