Work on Generic Module

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Work on Generic Module
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:47:10 +0100

Tomas Cerha p??e v Ne 18. 02. 2007 v 17:35 +0100:
> Yes, the espeak module echoes the data to espeak, but I mean to pipe it
> directly, without the need to echo it, since the command line
> substitution is the source of possible problems (escaping).

Which problems? We need to do escaping anyway for the --punct-some=""
option.

I think direct piping does not result in much improvement, especially
given that it will decrease the flexibility of the solution. (Some
synthesizer might need to prepend some text before each message etc.
etc.)

The problem with Dectalk, if I recall correctly, was not escaping but
the fact that certain characters in the input crashed the synthesizer.
At least some version. I think it is useful to have an option which will
enable me to remove problematic characters from the data. But this has
little to do with escaping.

Have a nice day,
Hynek