Work on Generic Module

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Work on Generic Module
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:57:25 +0100

Steve Holmes wrote:
> Doing it this seeming more complex way could make it more generic and
> not locked into espeak or whatever synth comes along in the future.

Hi Steve, yes, that's exactly why the "Generic" module is there.

> I think I would like to create a single punct_level variable also that
> can be passed right on through to some synths as well.

I don't understand this.

> I thought I'd throw this out there for any ventured opinions and I also
> ask about the update or changelog.  Is there any protocol for doing
> that? do I update the change log with every cvs commit? How often should
> I commit? Should I do it only when I'm completely done or what?

The code submitted to the CVS doesn't have to be complete, but should
not break any previous functionality.  Further improvements are no
problem, but the commit should always introduce something that works
(even though it may have some limitations).  Hynek usually reviews all
contributions, since he is the one who has the complete overview of the
project.  ChangeLog should contain an entry for each commited change in
each file.  The CVS commit message should be the same, as the changelog
entry for given file.  Emacs does that automatically in the CVS mode,
you its also the most practical way of doing it.  Take a look at the
ChangeLog to see how detailed the messages are.

Hope that helps.  Tomas.