Work on Generic Module

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Work on Generic Module
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:25:56 -0700

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 07:57:25AM +0100, Tomas Cerha wrote:
> > I think I would like to create a single punct_level variable also that
> > can be passed right on through to some synths as well.
>
> I don't understand this.

What I was thinking was for those synths that might understand a single
value for Some, None, and/or All, one could use punct_level and that
could come strait through, so to speak without manipulating three
separate variables but the three separate variables, previously
discussed would accomodate guys like espeak that really don't have a
punct level parm.  Just a thought.  Yes, you could use the original
three parameters and specify "All", "Some" and "None". into them.  In
fact, as I think more about this maybe you're right.  Just code those
words in as defaults and that would be passed in the new punct-parm
variable.  It's just that the conf file for espeak-generic would need
the other settings we discussed before.  Yeah, that's the way I'll go;
forget about passing through the original punct-level I mention at top
of this message.  The three separate variables should work OK.

Sorry for the rambling here but I guess that's what brainstorming is all
about.

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!