Work on Generic Module

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Work on Generic Module
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:49:47 +0100

Jonathan Duddington napsal(a):
> In article <20070215142556.GA14678 at lnx3.holmesgrown.com>,
>    Steve Holmes <steve at holmesgrown.com> wrote:
>
>> ... would accomodate guys like espeak that really don't have a
>> punct level parm.
>
> Perhaps eSpeak could have a "punct level parm"?
> Can explain exactly what you want eSpeak to do?

If I understand well espeak command-line options, espeak has all we
need.  You can switch all punctuation off, you can switch it on and you
can pass a list of characters, which should be regarded as punctuation.
 This is exactly what we need to implement the three Speech Dispatcher
levels -- all, none, and some.

There is no point for espeak to support directly the level "some", since
from the definition, one must pass the list of characters.  This list is
*application* defined.  Thus the --punct="..." is exactly what
implements the level some.

Best regards, Tomas.