Re: How to add files to an existing img partition.

From: Frantisek Rysanek
Subject: Re: How to add files to an existing img partition.
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 16:25:49 +0200

> 2) Add files into that container.  If possible, be able to resize
> the
> file holding the container, as well as resize the partitions defined
> inside.

Mount the image in a VM, where you have some tool (partition magic?
PQ magic?) that can shrink Windows filesystems (FAT16/FAT32/NTFS).
Booted from a small "service" system disk.

After that tool is finished, you should end up with some deallocated
space at the end of your raw image file. You can then use qemu-img to
shrink the image file - or so I understand.

See also my previous note, if this stuff with raw images and resizing
wouldn't be easier to solve with a more modern image format -
provided that you can get a hypervisor for Android that can work with
them.

Frank