Re: How to add files to an existing img partition.

From: DC
Subject: Re: How to add files to an existing img partition.
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 10:15:44 -0400

Hi Ottavio,

Yes, I know all this.  As stated, I've already created images with BxImage, then performed the install with Qemu Manager, which installs the Operating System, into the image that was generated by BxImage.

Also, I know you can't add files to the image, inside the context of Qemu.  That's what I used PowerIso for.  Ultimage Imager also does this.

PowerIso was able to add files to the 98 image.  But when trying to add files to the XP image (in PowerIso), it threatened to truncate folder names.  In Ultimate Imager, it wasn't possible to add files.

So my question (after rethinking this) really is about commercial or free tools that do 2 things:

1)  Install operating systems into a repository that can be opened in Bochs (or some other container), in Android

2) Add files into that container.  If possible, be able to resize the file holding the container, as well as resize the partitions defined inside.

Regards,

DC