How to add files to an existing img partition.

From: Dan Campbell
Subject: How to add files to an existing img partition.
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 23:04:52 -0400

Hi,

I'm using a virtual disc created in Qemu Manager.  It contains a Windows XP partition.

I'm not able to add files or change anything with PowerISO.  If I open the c.img file with PowerISO and try to add a few files, PowerISO returns an error that it has to truncate dozens of folder names including C:\Windows.

Is there another tool I should be using to make changes to the partition like add files or install programs?