Re: How to add files to an existing img partition.

From: DC
Subject: Re: How to add files to an existing img partition.
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 09:12:22 -0400

Hi Ottavio,

I'm just trying to generate Win98 and WinXP partitions in an image file that can be loaded by Bochs or iBochs in Android.  More detail is in the response to Frantisek.

I generated (after 2 weeks of trial & error) a Win98 partition about a month ago, and can add files with PowerISO, but don't know how to resize it.  I was also able to finally generate a WinXP loadable image that's large enough, but cannot add files to it.

Details are in the Frantisek response, but here I've attached images of PowerISO and Ultimate Imager.

I also used PowerISO to generate the WinXP iso, from a (legitimate) Setup CD, which was then used in Qemu to generate the partition in an empty image created by Boch's BxImage.

I don't mind paying a hundred or two hundred bucks (even more) for software that performs the entire process from start to finish, when we supply it a 98 or XP ISO.  So any suggestions in that area, are welcome.

Regards,

DC