Re: [Phpgroupware-users] More LDAP questions

From: Romeo Bandinelli
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] More LDAP questions
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:12:56 +0200

> 1. If "LDAP accounts context" and "LDAP groups context" are left blank,
> only the last entry in the LDAP database is displayed. In looking through
> the mailing list archives, I saw a posting that indicated these two
> configuration values were required. As, by default, the SME Server has a
> flat LDAP structure, this seems to be causing a problem.
I don't know what that means... what do you use this ldap store for?
post the results of an ldapsearch -x uid=someuid so i can understand
better

 ldapsearch -x uid=1
version: 2

#
# filter: uid=1
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

> 2. On my test box, I therefore added to the LDAP database, using the LDAP
> Browser utility, two OUs ("people" and "groups"). I moved all my people
> entries (just 5 on this box) into the "ou=people" container. I then went
> back to the configuration screen and added the two entries, including the
> "ou=" portion. When I go into the "Modify an existing LDAP account store
> for use with phpGroupWare (for a new install using LDAP accounts)" menu
> option, I see no user names at all. My messages file shows:

try doing the search manually to be sure that you have everything set
right in the ldap store.

I've tryed turba (horde system) and it works with ldap of e-smith server

Yes.. LDAP is working in the current .14 release.
I have a small site setup for demo purposes at
http://phpgroupware.no-ip.org/phpgw_demo/index.php

Can we see the admin section to see the ldap settings?
Can you let we see alsco the ldap config file?

Thanks