Re: [Phpgroupware-users] More LDAP questions

From: Mark A Peters (Skeeter)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] More LDAP questions
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 09:34:42 -0400 (EDT)

Yes..  LDAP is working in the current .14 release.

I have a small site setup for demo purposes at
http://phpgroupware.no-ip.org/phpgw_demo/index.php

demo/guest
demo2/guest
demo3/guest

This is using LDAP for authentication and Contact/Addressbook storage.

It might actually be a little different than what you are trying to do, as
this LDAP server is my actual server I use for my complete network here at
home.  I've segregated this install by creating aseperate OU called phpGW
and all of my Accounts/Groups as OU's under my top level OU of phpGW.
This also has it's own CN for administration purposes.  That took a few
minutes to configure in my slapd.conf to give proper ACL perms in LDAPB.

Everything here is a stock .14 with the exception of a couple lines of
code in eldaptir to disable the displaying of password data fro the LDAP
directory.

Thanks,
Mark A Peters (Skeeter)