Re: [Phpgroupware-users] More LDAP questions

From: Romeo Bandinelli
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] More LDAP questions
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:20:00 +0200

At 18.19 13/10/02 -0400, you wrote:
On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 17:12, Romeo Bandinelli wrote:

> > > flat LDAP structure, this seems to be causing a problem.
> >I don't know what that means... what do you use this ldap store for?
> >post the results of an ldapsearch -x uid=someuid so i can understand
> >better
>
>   ldapsearch -x uid=1
> version: 2
on my system uid is something like bwlang not a numeric value

sorry..

ldapsearch -x uid=demo
version: 2

#
# filter: uid=demo
# requesting: ALL
#

# demo, openenterprise, it
dn: uid=demo,dc=openenterprise,dc=it
objectClass: person
uid: demo
cn: demo demo
givenName: demo
sn: demo
mail: address@hidden
telephoneNumber: 555-5555
o: XYZ Corporation
ou: Main
l: Ottawa
street: 123 Main Street

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

This id my /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema

schemacheck     off
pidfile         /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd.args
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=openenterprise,dc=it"
directory       /var/lib/ldap
rootdn          "cn=root,dc=openenterprise,dc=it"
rootpw sELmUpN2E8fQRX6kw+WZkAS92auws3kZwXCZE4T+46O+JPA/YIBj2MgaD+0UEUBfJwr14+hxDPbB
# Indices to maintain
#index  objectClass                             eq
index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber     eq
index   cn,mail,surname,givenname               eq,subinitial

I would also like to understand if it's possible to build another (object) (I don't know the right word) in order to have an ldap autentication and an ldap directory for contacts..

Please give me some links to learn about ldap...

Very very thanks..