Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Change in altitude handling?

From: Ben Laurie
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Change in altitude handling?
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 14:26:10 +0000

On 29 March 2014 14:03, Gautier Hattenberger
<address@hidden> wrote:
> It looks like the data coming from the navboard of the ardrone contain a few
> more information about the raw sonar measurements. Perhaps this can be use
> to know if the distance measurement itself is valid or not. In the meantime,
> it seems that removing too high and too low values is sufficient.

Another couple of things:

a) The variance is computed even if the value is out of range. Seems wrong!

b) Since it uses the baro measurement in the sonar calculations, it
would be helpful if it also sent the baro to the downlink.

Also, if the sonar is in massive disagreement with the GPS, maybe it
would be a good idea to trust the GPS? :-)