[Paparazzi-devel] 9D sensors module

From: Dmitri Belimov
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] 9D sensors module
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 15:40:52 +1000

Hello

We actively use OSM and draw the maps of our living area. But our surroundings
is huge (it's Russia...)
and not so many local people involved in the project. Few largest cities have
good Bing images good
enough to draw them in OSM. A lot of small towns and villages have no usable
satellite images.
Our team want to build full automatic flying drone to make aerial images. We've
already bought
small aircraft Multiplex Easy Gloder Pro, good R/C system and other stuff for
human-controlled flight.
Now we want to build autopilot system. The autopilot system is based on the
opensource/openhardware
project Paparazzi http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Main_Page ported to our
hardware. Our autopilot consist
of two main parts: autopilot control system and non-inertial navigation system.

Main idea is to several new cheap MEMS sensor is to use for null-drift,
temperature-drift compensation
and on-the-fly detection of malfunction sensors. The three 3D sensors rotated
to 30 degrees.

We designed and manufacturing 9d-sensors module and it's working.
Right now we design test board for test works of 3 pcs modules and ARM CPU.

It can be intresting for your community.
You can see our project here (only Russia :(   )
9D-sensors - http://www.oshec.org/projects/9d-sensor/wiki
non-inertial navigation system - http://www.oshec.org/projects/fhydra/wiki
universal CPU module - http://www.oshec.org/projects/ucpumod-v1/wiki

With my best regards, Dmitry.