om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Re: midi control of effects

From: Lars Luthman
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Re: midi control of effects
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:39:17 +0200

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 12:55 -0600, Jake Michaelson wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response, Dave. I like your idea - I would
> describe this new node as a toggle switch: on the left of the node
> one audio in and one MIDI in, on the right side of the node two audio
> outs.  Only one audio out would be active at any given time, and if
> the node receives the specified MIDI message, it toggles between the
> outs.  To get my desired result I could use this "theoretical node"
> as follows: one audio out could route directly into the master PCM
> out (pass-through) and the other could route through an effects patch
> and finally end up at the same PCM master out.  Sending a MIDI
> message would simply toggle these routes (effect applied/no effect
> applied).

It sounds a bit too specific - I'd rather see a node with a single MIDI
input (and possibly a control input to select the program number) and a
single audio output, where the audio output signal is a gate that is
controlled by MIDI PCs. Then it could be used with a mixer plugin or
some signal logic to create the effect/bypass thing.

Not that I would be opposed to anyone writing a plugin like the one you
described, of course.

--
Lars Luthman - please encrypt any email sent to me if possible
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x04C77E2E